About Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering
The Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering (DIKE; Czech acronym is KIZI) is an educational and research unit of Faculty of Informatics and Statistics. It is recognized both for its educational programms and (most important) for its research activities.
The educational activities are focused on:
- Bachelor-level program on Applied Informatics (shared with other two departments)
- Master-level program on Knowledge and Web Technologies (major)
- Master-level program on Data Engineering (minor)
- Master-level program on Intelligent Systems (minor)
- PhD program on Applied Informatics (shared with other two departments)
Research activities revolve around four research groups, involve/d participation in numerous EU-funded and national projects and led to development of several publicly available software tools and other artifacts; details are on the summary page on Research groups and projects.
Read more »