Team and Collaborations
Petr Berka, Tomáš Kliegr, Jan Rauch
Other group members
Project worker: Milan Šimůnek
PhD students: Lucie Beranová (primarily at the Dept. of Econometrics) Gollam Rabby, Pavel Strnad, Lukáš Sýkora, Lukáš Švarc, Václav Zeman, Jiří Zettel
Jan Bouchner, Barbora Červenková, Kseniya Degtyar, Milan Dojchinovski, Přemysl Václav Duben, Jiří Filip, Jaroslav Flégl, Oliver Genský, Václav Hykl, Josef Kerner, Jaroslav Kuchař, Ivo Lašek, Petr Heřmanský, Andrej Hazucha, Linda Horáková, Bohuslav Koukal, Jakub Kúdela, Martin Labský, Viktor Nekvapil, Jan Nemrava, David Pejčoch, Kamil Soule, Radek Škrabal, Pham Son Tung, Richard Weis
Within the University, the DMKD group mainly cooperates with
- The Semantic Web and Ontological Engineering (SWOE) group within the same department. In particular, SWOE promotes the achievements of DMKD, such as the Linked Hypernym Dataset (LHD), in the semantic web and Linked Data community. There is also joint research in the field of background knowledge for text mining (e.g. the Ex information extractor project).
- The business intelligence group (led by Dr. Ota Novotný) at the neighboring Dept. of Information Technology (KIT). The overlaping interest is in applying data mining techniques on the top of OLAP-powered data warehouses. In 2014-2016 three DMKD members directly cooperated on KIT’s BI-oriented project funded by TACR, the Technological Agency of the Czech Republic.
Within the Czech Republic, there has been lasting cooperation with the Web Intelligence group (led by Dr. Tomáš Vitvar) at the Czech Technical University. In particular, PhD students from the CTU group (M. Dojchinovski, J. Kuchař and I. Lašek) had been directly involved in research activities of the LinkedTV project, and J. Kuchař also in the OpenBudgets.eu project.
At the international level, the group collaborates with numerous foreign partners, either within EU projects (in particularly, the EU FP7 IP LinkedTV project) or on informal basis. Examples of such joint research are:
- Linked data mining, with University of Mannheim and University of Darmstadt
- User interest mining, with University of Mons, Belgium (Numediart institute)
- Action rules mining, with University of North Carolina, Charlotte, US
- Logical calculi for data mining, with Technical University of Tampere, Finland